Terms of Service
All commissioners will abide by these terms whether they have read them or not.
LAST UPDATED: 28 JUNE 2021
- You fill out a quote here through Google Forms.
- I message you back through my email kludgeart[at]yahoo.com, my Twitter @KludgesArt, or my Telegram @KludgesArt and thoroughly discuss your commission with you.
- After agreeing with my final quote, I send you an invoice to your PayPal email, and you make the payment. You are placed on my public Queue.
- I send you a preliminary sketch (unless it is a simple portrait). You may request edits as you see fit.
- I complete the commission and send it to you for any last adjustments. (See "Edits" section below)
- PayPal invoices only. I do not offer payment plans at this time.
- Work only begins after I receive your full payment.
- If you do not send payment within 3 days without further notice, I will cancel our transaction.
- I will not issue refunds unless I feel that I cannot complete your commission.
- Tips are not required, but they’re greatly appreciated. I enable tips in my PayPal invoices, but you may also tip through Ko-Fi.
- I reserve the right to refuse a request.
- I will only draw in my art style.
- I might make slight changes to how I do something at times, but it will largely remain the same style—just look at my recently-posted art to get an idea.
- There are many kinds of content that I will draw, and many kinds that I will not draw—you'll just have to ask.
- I prefer drawing anthro animals (furries), but people and feral animals can also be drawn (they are not my strong points).
- I do not draw copyrighted characters from media (e.g., characters from TV shows, anime, video games, etc.) on commission, unless you do actually own them. No celebrities either.
- Characters cosplaying, as well as clothing patterns containing such characters are okay.
- I will not claim your character as my own. However, I reserve the right to use any art I created in my own galleries, portfolio, etc.—this includes working on commissions in public livestreams.
- You must own all characters whom you are commissioning me to draw—or you must get written permission from the owner of whom a character belongs to (I will be a bit lenient if it is a gift for someone close to you, though).
- You may re-upload and redistribute your commissioned pieces, but you may not claim the original art as your own nor make profit off of it. Crediting me in reposts is the respectful thing to do, but I do not require it—unless someone directly asks you who the artist is.
- If you would like to use my art in merchandise or other products for purchase, we must have a discussion about it before you do. I will require a 10% royalty fee on all sales.
- Minor edits by me can be arranged within a week of the piece’s completion.
- The alteration of colors, correction of incorrect markings, and other small fixes are free.
- Larger edits such as changing the clothes or a pose after the artwork is complete can add at least a $10 fee to change. Make sure your references are clear and accurate.
- You may not make edits to your commission yourself without my permission. Cropping, adding a border, and applying a color filter are okay though.
- Turnaround times vary. I will keep you posted when I can, but it's wise to check my websites for any emergency updates in case I suddenly go silent.
- You will be given an estimated time period of when to expect an update. If I have an update ready for you, I will message you. Please do not ask how your commission is doing until after the specified date.
- Rushing me will not make the art get done faster. If you need artwork done at a specific time, you must be upfront with that at the beginning (which may have an additional fee).
- I will never forget about doing your commission. You will be listed on my public Queue until it is completed.
- Free requests are only for drawing copyrighted characters (from TV shows, games, etc.), unless otherwise specified.
- The availability of free requests may be seen on social media like my DeviantArt or Tumblr. They can also be drawn as a Patreon reward.
- You may fill out a quote if I am accepting them at the time. Expect a response from me within 3 days or less.
Commissioners who repeatedly defy my Terms of Service will not be allowed to commission me in the future. I understand the chance of overlooking some information, so at first, I will see to respectfully contacting you if you violate any of my terms.